The Publishing world is tricky place to want to work… I have no idea why I want to publish my work. If all I wanted to do was write, I’d post everything for free on here….
However, I want more than that and unfortunately that costs money – yes, I self publish the majority of my work, but when a cover for a single book can cost $150 upwards and editing even more, I get stuck into a negative loop that often goes:
A) Finish MS.
B) Find someone to Alpharead (as in reading it warts and all.)
C) Look for an Editor to fix any problems.
D) Can’t afford an Editor so put the MS on a backburner until I can.
E) Look for Cover Artist.
F) Find one and inquire about prices.
G) Can’t afford a CA, so put the whole project on a backburner.
H) Start new Project.
I) Repeat from (A).
It means that I have a few things on my HDD that haven’t yet seen the light of day and some that have been abandoned because I couldn’t find anyone that had time to read the first draft!
I need to fix this and I need the help of my Fans – wherever they are…. so I’ve changed my rewards. Now there is only one, $3 tier, but for those $3 you get a few things!
- My Undying Adoration and a personal, handwritten Thank you note for becoming a Fan / Patron!
- Access to Facebook Fan Page and all that entails – I’m the only Admin, so I will give you my personal attention…
- Access to Patron only content via Blogsite – you’ll get a password to take you to a special page on my site with stories, poetry and other things…. including Offers and Giveaways!
- Discount on Signed Print Books – When I launch a print book, I always offer a limited run of numbered, dedicated, signed copies. Patrons will recieve a 50% discount on the cost of this.
- Surprise Rewards – these will come up as I think of them and will be limited in number. Keep an eye on my Patreon page / Blogsite for details.
I may add more tiers if I have to, but to be honest, I don’t want to cost my Fans too much money. I will probably add more Rewards or Tiers as time goes on, after all, I want to give value for money as well.
I want to thank everyone who takes the time to even visit my Profile on Patreon or on Facebook. It makes me feel like I am getting somewhere!