Being Autistic can cause a great deal of problems, especially when you are trying to organise a career.
In this case, I am trying my hardest to make my writing pay for itself at the very least. I have one lovely patron whose support (as you may recall) has allowed me to take my blogsite up to being a proper website. However, I would need at least twenty-seven more to be able to break even with the money I have paid out for cover art recently…
So writing and publishing more is the way to go.
Now, if you’ve been keeping up with events in The Land Far Away , you’ll know that Maria K. and I published a new book together in December 2018 and that the entire series is now out as Audio books… just click through the link above to find out more.
Next I needed to look at my existing publications, to see what needed updating. A.E. Churchyard came under scrutiny first; I noticed that if you search for the pen name or Heir of The Dragon, it only comes up on the second page.
That means that in the couple of years since I gave it a new cover and updated it, there have been a slew of books with similar names and those books have buried my little werewolf / vampire novella.
So I decided it needed a title change.
The story was originally called The White Tiger, however, a quick search told me that using that wouldn’t be a good idea either.
Finally, after a discussion with the bevy of writers, readers and artists on my facebook list, I came to the conclusion that it needed to be brought in line with the second book in that series… which hasn’t been published yet – no getting excited at the back there…
So the new title of “The Heir of The Dragon” is going to be “Curse of The White Tiger” and it has the subtitle of “A Dark Cities Chronicle.”
The cover has already been tweaked, I just have to adjust the listing and content of the book.
I’ve also managed to complete a short story in the Dark Cities world, but as it’s not long enough to publish by itself, I’m going to lay it aside for the Story Collection I am building… so you’ll have to wait a while to read it.
In the meantime, I would like to ask you, if you can do one of two things…
The first one is (if you can), please become a patron! I don’t ask much per month – just $3. Just go to https://www.patreon.com/KiraMorgana to sign up!
For that miniscule amount, you get:
- My Undying Adoration and a personal, handwritten Thank you note for becoming a Fan / Patron!
- Access to Facebook Fan Page and all that entails – I’m the only Admin, so I will give you my personal attention…
- Access to Patron only content via this website – you’ll get a password to take you to a special page on my site with stories, poetry and other things…. including Offers and Giveaways!
- Discount on Signed Print Books – When I launch a print book, I always offer a limited run of numbered, dedicated, signed copies. Patrons will recieve a 50% discount on the cost of this.
- Surprise Rewards – these will come up as I think of them and will be limited in number. Keep an eye on my Patreon page / Website for details.
The second one is that if you have read any of my books (be they ebook, print or audiobook) please leave me a review! Every review on amazon makes my books more visible.
Well that’s enough for now… I shall return once I have more news for you…